Almond-crusted salmon with baked potatoes and salad
One of our MSK Kids, Mabel (14), is studying nutrition at school. She wanted to share her salmon recipe, packed with ingredients that support bone health, including almonds, salmon, cheese, and leafy greens. Enjoy!
- 1 medium/large piece salmon
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 small serving mayonnaise
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 small bag rocket leaves
- 2 stems rosemary
- 3 potatoes
- 1 small serving mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup roasted almonds
- 3 small or 1 large cucumber
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Optional – 1 glass orange juice to serve with meal 😊
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan forced).
- Cut potatoes into cubes and drizzle in olive oil. Sprinkle 1 stem chopped rosemary, and a pinch of salt.
(I leave the skin on to provide additional nutrients.) Put into oven for 25 min.
- Crush roasted almonds with rolling pin.
- Mix together the roasted almonds, breadcrumbs, chopped garlic, 2 tsp olive oil, and 1 tsp rosemary.
- Spread the almond, breadcrumbs mixture onto both pieces of salmon. Put into oven for 10 min.
- Mix together 2 tsp olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey in a bowl to make the salad dressing.
- Mix chopped cucumber and rocket leaves into salad dressing mixture.
- Take the salmon and potatoes out to serve alongside the salad, mayonnaise and mozzarella cheese (see picture).
- A glass of orange juice is also suggested. Enjoy!
Recipe provided by Mabel (14), MSK Kids.
Check out our full range of recipes here.