Kitty’s corn fritters are a tasty treat. Crispy on the outside with a soft and tender inside, they’re easy to make and full of flavour! Enjoy them as a snack, a side dish or serve with salad or veg as a main dish.
Time: 30 mins
Serving : 6 fritters
- 300g canned corn (drained)
- 1 medium sized egg
- ¼ cup corn flour
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- ½ tbsp paprika
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches black pepper
- 100-120mL canola oil
- Put corn, corn flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper into a mixing bowl.
- Add the egg and mix well to create batter.
- Heat up the frying pan with 100-120mL of canola oil with high heat.
- Turn down the heat to medium heat, scoop the corn batter into the frying pan.
- Pan fry until golden brown on each side.
- Ready to serve.
- Fresh onion, chives, or spring onion can be added with your creativity.
- Small size of fritter is easier to flip and handle. I used 2 tablespoon scoops to make 1 corn fritter.
- Kitchen paper towel can be put on the plate to hold the corn fritter to remove excess oil.