Japanese cold noodles
This recipe not only gives you the protein and carbs you need to achieve your daily requirements, but it’s also a refreshing meal idea for a hot summer day. The ponzu sauce provides a tart sensation that’ll make your taste buds sing!
Time: 20 mins
Serving: 1 serve
- 1 bundle somen noodles
- 4 prawns
- 1 tbsp concentrated kombu tsuyu sauce
- 2 tsp ponzu sauce
- 3 tbsp cold water
- Spoonful of seaweed flake for garnish (optional)
- Air-fry prawn for 5 mins at 180 degrees. Turn them over and cook for another 5 mins.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil for cooking the noodles.
- Add somen noodles to the water and cook until they become a softer texture.
- Strain the cooked noodles in a colander to and rinse under cold tap water for 1 min. Set aside.
- Put kombu tsuyu sauce, ponzu sauce and cold water into a bowl. Mix well.
- Add somen noodles to the sauce mix, and place the prawns on the top of the noodles.
- Garnish with seaweed flakes.
- Ready to serve.
- The portion of the sauce and cold water can be adjusted to personal preference, e.g. if you prefer a lighter taste, add more water.
- Prawns can be replaced by egg or tofu according to your personal preference.
- Seaweed flake garnish can be replaced by chopped spring onion and sesame seeds.
- If you don’t have kombu tsuyu sauce, you can use soy sauce as an alternative, same portion to mix the sauce will be applied.