Korean veggie pancake
This version of Korean veggie pancake can give the taste of umami as an alternative to having meat.
Time: 20-30 mins
Serving : 2-3 serves
- ½ zucchini
- ½ carrot
- 2 button mushrooms
- ¼ onion
- 1 spring onion
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tbsp canola/olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- Sesame seeds or chopped spring onion
- Grate carrot and zucchini with food processor.
- Slice mushroom and onion and chop the spring onion.
- Mix carrot, zucchini, mushroom, onion, and spring onion into a big bowl.
- Add 1 cup of flour and water, mix well.
- Add salt, sugar and pepper.
- Put 2 tbsp oil on 24-inch pan with medium heat.
- Put half of the pancake mixture into the pan.
- Use a cooking spoon to spread the pancake mix on the pan evenly.
- Pan fry for 4 minutes until golden brown.
- Flip over to pan fry another 4 minutes until golden brown, remove from heat.
- Mix the vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil for the sauce.
- Additional water can be added to make the pancake mix to be batter-like, but not too runny, which will be easy to be pan fried.
- Garnish with sesame seeds or chopped spring onion.