Matcha tofu pudding
This dessert uses matcha, a powder made from finely ground green tea leaves. You’ll love the smooth, sweet and healthy combination of ingredients in this simple but tasty pudding.
Time: 30 mins
Serving : 2 serves
- 150 g silken tofu
- 125 mL low fat milk
- 100 mL light cream
- 9g gelatine powder
- 25g sugar
- 5g matcha powder
- Blend tofu into smooth thick puree with a blender.
- Heat the milk over low heat.
- When the milk starts boiling with small bubbles, add sugar and matcha powder. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour the matcha mixture into a medium size bowl over a strainer to remove any remaining lumps.
- Add light cream and tofu puree into the matcha mixture. Mix well.
- Add 20mL warm water into the gelatine powder, stir until most of the gelatine are dissolved.
- Add gelatine solution into the pudding mixture, mix well. Use strainer to remove any undissolved gelatine powder.
- Pour gelatine solution into the pudding moulds to ¾ full, refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Ready to serve.
- Plant based milk can be used to replace the cow milk if required.
- Pudding can be served with fruits (e.g. strawberries) if you prefer.
- You can sprinkle a little matcha over the top if you like.