Peanut butter French toast
This quick and easy French toast is a great one for winter. It’s quick, easy and will give you a sweet and savoury taste sensation. And why not be creative and use different ingredients to make your own French toast variations!
Time: 10-15 mins
Serving : 1 serve
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 medium egg
- ¼ cup (~60mL) milk (any type of milk would work, I used soy milk)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Optional: Honey or maple syrup for serving
- Spread peanut butter on the wholemeal bread to make sandwich.
- Press the sandwich gently (to enhance the adherence while pan frying later).
- Whisk an egg in a bowl, then mix with ¼ cup milk.
- Pour the egg mixture into a soup plate or big bowl.
- Put the peanut butter sandwich into the egg mixture.
- Turn the sandwich over to soak up more of the egg mixture.
- Add olive oil to the pan and heat over medium heat.
- Lower heat before adding the sandwich to the pan.
- Pan fry the sandwich until golden brown on both sides.
- Ready to serve.
Optional – you can add a drizzle of honey or maple syrup before serving.
- You can change the filling to anything you want. Be creative!
- You can also use 2 small eggs or 1 large egg to substitute 1 medium egg + ¼ cup milk.