Salmon, seaweed and miso soup
Bored with your usual soups? Then try Kitty’s salmon, seaweed and miso soup. It’s quick and easy to make, loaded with protein and full of flavour.
Time: 20 mins
Serving : 2-3 serves
- 100-120g salmon fillet
- 100g tofu, soft, cut into cubes
- 30g (2 tbsp) seaweed, dried (from Korea or Japan)
- 20g enoki mushroom (optional)
- 500mL water
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Soak the dried seaweed in a bowl with 50mL of tap water.
- Cut the bottom off the mushrooms and discard. Separate the mushroom strands gently, clean and reserve for later.
- Cut salmon fillet into cubes.
- Add olive oil to a frying pan and heat to medium temperature.
- Pan fry the salmon to golden colour.
- Boil water in a pot and add hydrated seaweed.
- Add tofu, fried salmon, and enoki mushrooms.
- Turn on high heat and boil for 10 mins.
- Turn off the heat and add miso to stir until well mixed.
- Ready to serve.
- Miso is better to be added when the heat is off.