Craving the warm, gooey goodness of risotto without the usual risotto hassle? Then Kitty’s quick and easy recipe is just what you’re looking for.
Serving : 2 serves
- 1 cup arborio rice (risotto rice)
- 2/3 cup prawns
- 1/3 cup clams
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Half onion, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup water
- Rinse the rice under water.
- Using a small saucepan, combine the rice, ½ cup of water, and 1 ½ cups of vegetable stock. Bring to a boil and stir with a wooden spoon.
- When the rice has boiled, and all the liquid has been absorbed, turn to low heat and simmer for 2 mins.
- Turn off the heat and cover with the lid. Let the rice sit for 10 mins.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add butter, and pan-fry the onion, prawns and clams.
- Add the cooked rice to the frying pan with the onion, prawns and clams; add herbs and salt.
- Stir well.
- Ready to serve.
- You can change or add other seafood you enjoy, e.g. calamari, mussel, seafood mix etc.
- Add some vegetables to increase your daily fibre intake.