Steamed pork with tofu
Silky tofu with flavourful minced pork combination to give you a new idea for dinner with Chinese elements.
Time: ~40 mins
Serving : 2-3 serves
- 100g minced pork
- 200g silken tofu
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp chicken powder
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp mirin seasoning
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp chilli oil (optional)
- Marinate the minced pork with sugar, salt, white pepper, chicken powder, corn starch, mirin seasoning, oyster sauce, sesame oil and soy sauce for 15 minutes.
- Slice the tofu width-wise into 2 cm thick slices.
- Put tofu on a flat bowl or plate, approx. 2-3 cm deep.
- Place the marinated pork on top of the sliced tofu.
- Put minced garlic and chilli oil evenly on the pork.
- Add 1 litre of water to a wok or pot. Bring the water to boil over a high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium and carefully place a steaming rack (or steaming basket) into the wok, and add the pork and tofu.
- Put a lid on the wok or pot and steam for 15 minutes until fully cooked.
- Ready to serve.
- You can expect to see a watery sauce with the tofu after steaming. This is normal so don’t worry. Simply scoop as much or as little out as you like.
- If you’re not a fan of spicy foods, the chilli oil is optional.