Thai chicken yellow curry
This curry is a tangy, saucy sensation to warm you from the inside out
Time: Approx 45 mins
Serving: 2-3 serves
- 3 (small-medium) chicken drumsticks
- 3 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 270ml light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 cups long beans (cut into 5-6 cm pieces)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 stick lemongrass (chopped into 3-4 cm pieces)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Heat up the pan, medium heat, with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Pan fry chicken drumsticks for 5 mins.
- Add garlic, onion, lemongrass and long beans, pan fry for another 5 mins.
- Turn the heat down to low.
- Add yellow curry paste and coconut milk, into the pan with chicken.
- Stir to mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp peanut butter, mix well.
- Simmer for 15-20 mins.
- Ready to serve.
- You can substitute the long beans for any kind of vegetables you like.
- You can remove the peanut butter for your own preferences.
- You can use chicken breast to replace drumstick.
- Rice/ Roti are a great combination with yellow curry.