Cheesy cream cauliflower bake
This rich and creamy cauliflower dish is perfect for a cold winter’s night. Crispy on top, with a gooey cheese centre this is real comfort food.
Serving : 3-4 serves
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 100g butter
- 400mL full cream milk
- 450mL thickened cream
- 50g all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tsp garlic, minced/crushed
- 200g cheese, any kind available in fridge
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- Boil cauliflower for 5 minutes, drain and set aside for the bake.
- Melt butter in a saucepan with medium heat.
- When butter is melted, add garlic and cook for 1 minute over low heat.
- Add flour to melted butter and stir for 1-2 mins until fully mixed over low heat.
- Add milk to the mixture and stir for 1-2 mins until fully mixed and thickened like batter over low heat.
- Add thickened cream to the mixture and stir for 1-2 mins until fully mixed over low heat.
- Add salt, nutmeg, and pepper into the cream sauce.
- Turn off the heat, add 180g cheese into the cream sauce, stir until fully melted.
- Place drained cauliflower onto a baking tray, with about 5cm depth.
- Pour the cheesy cream sauce over the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle 20g cheese on the top of the cauliflower.
- Bake for 30-45 mins at 180oC.
- Ready to serve.